I am in USA, Do I need to get stamping done for consular H1B?

I am currently working on a L1 visa in USA. I applied for H1B from a consultant with consular processing. I have got the approval for the H1B visa.

My question is - if I want to change my visa type from L1 to H1, do I have to go out of USA for stamping?


You will have to either go for stamping in your home country, or file COS from L-1 to H-1 while continuing to stay inside US.