I 94 expired and working on H1B receipt notice

Hi,

Here is my case.

1. Came to US with employer A on 06/2016 and I94 valid till 07/2018 (CBP portal)
  2. Transfer to employer B on Approval (H1B Approved, I94 on petition updated to 08/2019)
  3. Transfer to employer C on receipt notice

Recently employer B’s H1B status changed to “Correspondence was received” (looks like revocation notice)

Now my current H1B status changed to “Notice explaining USCIS actions was mailed”
My employer yet to receive the mail.

Question 1: If my previous h1b is revoked will it effect i94 date (08/2019) ?

Question 2: Is my stay unlawful? I have moved to employer C when i have valid approved H1B petition

Question 3: If employer C petition is denied, what are my options? I am I eligible for cap excempt?

Looks like you are thinking too much and getting worried, you are safe, relax.

Question 1: If my previous h1b is revoked will it effect i94 date (08/2019) ?
Ans: If your employer B revokes H1, it would automatically invalidates your last I-94 with 08/2019(but hold on, you will be fine, read rest of the answers below)

Question 2: Is my stay unlawful? I have moved to employer C when i have valid approved H1B petition
Ans: You stay is lawful if you have the Employer C filed H1 petition receipt notice is in hand and its either pending OR approved.

Question 3: If employer C petition is denied, what are my options? I am I eligible for cap excempt?
Ans: You are eligible for cap exempt if someone files a new H1 if the Employer C’s petition is denied.

Hi ImmiGeek,

Thanks for your response. 1. i94 date on CBP portal is 07/2018 and i94 date on H1B petition is till 08/2019. So if my employer revokes my i94 date is 07/2018 or the last day of my notice period with employer B?

1. Employer C had filed H1B petition and status changed to “Notice explaining USCIS actions was mailed”.

2. Before my current status change to Denied, can I transfer my H1B to other employer and stay in US just to make sure of more Approval chances?

Thanks

the last day of your notice period with employer B

Yes, but make sure that a new employer files your H1 BEFORE Employer C petition is denied.