I-797A in place of I-797C


My current employer says they received I-797A but not I-797C. Now i got another job and am going to transfer my visa to them. They are asking for I-797C from my current employer which they don’t have. Can i use I-797A in place of I-797C? Please let me know


Mine is approved for 2015 and it is I-797 B.

As an applicant you need I797-A or I797-B for H1B transfer. I797-C is a petitioner copy and used for tracking application. So you don’t need I797C