how to get I140 if the employer is not filing for green card application

I want to apply for my H4EAD but without my husband’s I140 approval I can’t. Can my husband apply for his green card by his own to get i140 as his employer is not filing his green card. He is working FT and from last 6 years he is in US also he has master’s degree from NYIT. If these things matters .

Only employer can file the GC for your husband. If the current employer is not willing to file GC, he can move to another employer who is willing to file GC soon.

Even after an employer starts the GC process it can take 12-18 months to reach the stage of I-140 approval.