how to get H4 visa changed to H1/L1

My husband came with me on H4 visa after leaving his job as software engineer. Now, he wants to work here. How can we get the visa sponsorship and how can we apply for his change in visa.

  1. Find an employer willing to file H-1 for him

  2. Employer files H-1 w/ COS from H-4 to H-1 when the new cap opens in April

  3. Once approved, he can start working from Oct 1 or H-1 approval date (whichever is later)