I was one of the lucky ones to make it through the lottery in April 2013 and have recieved a notice from the company lawyers that my I-129 Petition is approved.
However, the company do not want me to start until I can move to the US in October 2013. With the long wait between April and October, I'm concerned that the company could get aquired (or some other circumstance) that would mean my role there no longer exists. Would I be able to [b]apply cap free to another US company[/b] if that happened? Or do I have to have my H1B stamped from my local (european country) consulate? My concern is that if I leave everything until later in the summer, with the only proof actually with the lawyers and a forwared email from USCIS that if the company no longer exists that I'll loose my chance to apply for another US job.