How much time does it take to get passport of a minor in Pune?

Hi All,

I applied for my son’ passport on 6 June 2019. All the processes and verification went swift. With in 30 mins, we were out of the office with successful verification. Application was granted on no police verification basis. Immediately, I received a message that The passport application has been granted to the applicant on 06/06/2019 and application is under processing. You will receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

After that immediately I received one more SMS, your passport printing is initiated.

I checked the status post 3-4 days again and it shows that Your application is under processing at RPO and You will receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

Now this is very confusing. How, can there be statuses? Called the customer care many times but they say it is being validated at RPO and post this the passport will be dispatched.

Can someone help me to understand this and within how much time I could get passport for my son in Pune.

Thanks!!!

It could be online system issues, sending multiple messages. Don’ worry too much about them. Usually you get your passport in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Thanks much Kumar for reply. This would ease some of my anxiety. However, what I heard from others is that it generally takes a weeks to 10 days time for a minor to get the passport delivered. Could you also provide some pointers that what this status means “Under Processing at RPO”.

1 Like

@Bug_Beak Did you get it or still waiting ?

A post was split to a new topic: Indian Passport Renewal for Minor in Pune - Experience

Thank you @Bug_Beak for sharing your experience. I have posted it as experience and moved it to User Experience Section. Really appreciate your time for sharing it !