How many days before can i bring my daughter before her visa gets expired

Hi

My daughter holding her H4 visa till july31 2016 and she was in india now ,my question is how many days before i can bring my daughter before her visa expires,she is coming with her grandma,please help me answering in dis.

Thanks.

Sushma.

Usually, as long as the visa stamp is valid she can enter US. Her stay in US is governed by your 797 expiration date.

When is your 797 expiring?

Actually her dependent visa is on my husbands H1B visa and his i797 expiration date was july31st 2016,but he has his new extension of H1B which came for three years i.e up to July 2019,i have few questions

1)If we send her to visa now with my husbands new petition through drop box will her visa get stamped?

we are not in a position to go India ,and my husband don’t have his extension visa stamped

2)If we want to bring her here before her visa expires how many days before we can bring her here ,for suppose we booked her a ticket one week before her visa expires is that possible that she can enter USA?,and if we show the new petition will they give her I94 for three years?

Please help me in answering all

Thanku

Actually her dependent visa is on my husbands H1B visa and his i797 expiration date was july31st 2016,but he has his new extension of H1B which came for three years i.e up to July 2019,i have few questions

1)If we send her to visa now with my husbands new petition through drop box will her visa get stamped?

we are not in a position to go India ,and my husband don’t have his extension visa stamped

2)If we want to bring her here before her visa expires how many days before we can bring her here ,for suppose we booked her a ticket one week before her visa expires is that possible that she can enter USA?,and if we show the new petition will they give her I94 for three years?

Please help me in answering all

Thanku

1. Yes, Dropbox facility can be availed. Someone can drop the documents on your behalf. It is not required for husband to get his H1 visa restamped first.

2. I think it is ok to enter 1 week prior to her visa expiration date. She should carry latest 797 copy to get extended I-94.

If we send her to visa through drop box,will her visa get stamped.?

Usually H-4 visa stamping should be trivial and she should get it stamped through dropbox without issue. However dropbox doesn’t guarantee approval, and so other outcome is also possible.

So i think it would be safe to bring her before her visa expires right?

Yes, it would be easier for her use current visa.

so if we show current I797 she will get I94 upto july 2019?

Yes, she should show current visa stamp and new petition to the PoE officer. She should get it for July 2019 in that case.