How I get the Visa once I receive the receip with the approval?

I just got the approval for the work visa H1-b. It comes from a change of status from a tourist visa. So I did all the process here in USA. This December I’m flying to my country, Spain, and I think I have to ask for the visa there. What I have is the form I-797A, ant it says that it’s not a visa. So I need to get the stamp on my passport. Can I do that here? Or it has to be in my country?

1 Like

You will have to get H-1 visa stamped at a US consulate in your home country before returning to US on H-1. You would need 797 and other documents which your employer/attorney can provide you.