How early can we get h1b extention stamped?

How early can we get H1b extension approval stamped? Can we do it even before 90 days of the extention petition start date?

It has to be within 90 days for the first-time applicants however do not apply for extension of status. Submit both current and future I-797 with your application and you should get visa stamped until the expiry of your new extension of status or 3 years from the date you appear for interview, whichever is less.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the response. I would like to see if anyone had this experience as the 90 day rule doesnt explicitly refers to new stamping or extention stamping.

Let me know if below makes sense.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/general-information#faqs

My H1B Employment Petition (USCIS Form I-797) shows an employment start date. How early can I apply for an H1B visa at the Consulate?

You can apply for an H1B visa up to 90 days before the petition start date listed on the form I-797, Notice of Action. However, you cannot enter the U.S. earlier than 10 days prior to the start date listed on the I-797 unless you are already working on an H1B visa for the same petitioner.

1 Like

Thank you once again. I thought, the 1st point talks about the stamping where it doesnt explicitly talks about 90 days for existing holders and 2nd point talks about travel for which the 10 day limit is explicitly mentioned as not applicable for existing H1B holder, so the confusion

I have personally done this in my H1B life so no issues.

1 Like

That is excellent. Thank you so much for taking your time in helping others. Very much appreciated. ,:hugs: