How does Visa transfer work

I am currently in H4 visa but I hold valid h1b as well but it is not stamped yet. It was raised by my employer in India. Now I have left that job and have traveled along with my husband. Now I have few questions.

  1. Can I transfer that visa (through agent or employer) and can search new job in USA?

  2. If yes, do I need to go back to India again for stamping?

Thanks for your expert advice?