Hit and Run misdemeanor impact on immigration

Hello,

A hit and run case is filed in California on my spouse(H4) as she didn’t knew that she hit another car and did not stop at the site, the other party contacted the police with the license plate and they filed a case on her and the lawyer suggested us to just accept that it was a mistake(ignorance). We did plead guilty and the court charged us some fine, community service. Attorney told us that the case can be erased completely from the records after one year(ie by Aug 2022).
We have India plans in June 2022(unavoidable) and we are eligible for drop box. I have two questions.

1. Should I declare the above case on DS160 form?
  2. Will there be any impact on the H1B stamping or at the Port of entry due to this?

Thanks.

Hello,

Response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello, recently one of my friend has same misdemeanor charge on him back in 2012. After that he went to India first time in dec 2021 and during visa interview he got 221g due to this issue. So it doesn’t go away in any time. It stays with your immigration file. Us embassy asked court findings during interview Which was submitted 30 days ago and now visa approved. You need to keep your court judgement copy with you during interview. Consult attorney what can be asked and how to answer this.

1 Like

You must declare any misdemeanor/court cases in the DS-160. Make sure you submit/carry any court records along with other supporting documents for visa stamping.

No.