Have F1 STEM OPT and H1B approval but want to revoke H1b before October 1

Hi Kumar,

Currently, I have F1 STEM OPT and also H1B approval but the company has decided to terminate my position on 2nd week of October so that I can get a new job and hence apply for H1B transfer. Now, I feel that I should rather revoke the h1b and stay on F1 as it gives me more flexibility in job search and unemployment days plus 2 more attempts for H1b. My question is, if I willingly quit my job today, how much time will it take for USCIS to know about this and stop my visa transfer from F1 to H1B? (Actually, I want to inform the company to the latest I can)

Thanks in advance!

Getting H1B is more difficult as it will get more and more difficult in future with the lottery and registration things…If I were you, I would take it. I know people who tried 5 times and not got lucky as it is pure lottery. So, having two chances does not guarantee you…In any case, your choice…
You can ask your employer to submit the withdraw petition, they will withdraw it and get confirmation. You may use that and work with your DSO and make sure your COS does not happen. You can even travel out and re-enter on F1 OPT during October time period, if you are not sure that h1B was not withdrawn…