Have B1/B2, Need to search job in US

Hi all,

Thanks for reading this post.

I have B1/B2 visa from my previous employer. Now I am thinking

  • to take leave from my current employer

-then go to US

-then search jobs .

-then get employer sponcership for me and

-then apply for H1B. Is this possible?

Do employers in US sponcer such candidates?



Legally you are not allowed to search for jobs while on B2 - tourist visa. H1B sponsorship is based on the employer. No answers to it.

See below:


[b]Tourism and Visit (B-2):[/b]



				vacation (holiday)
				visit with friends or relatives
				medical treatment
				participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
				participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
				enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation)

[b]Travel Purposes Not Permitted On Visitor Visas:[/b]


			These are some examples of activities that require different categories of visas and cannot be done while on a visitor visa:

				paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
				arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
				work as foreign press, radio, film, journalists, and other information media
				permanent residence in the United States