Has anyone got Interview Waiver (IW) Appointment slots (drop-box)?

My Family members qualify for Interview waiver. Since 25th July, I have been checking daily but all I see is No appointments available for any consular locations. Has anyone able to get an appointment lately?
Any idea when would these appointments be made available ?

You will need to check several times in a day to be able to find a slot.

Thanks for that hint.
So may I assume that slots are being made available by consulate but getting used up by users (quickly).

Since every time I saw no slots are available, I thought consulate is NOT making them available.

When I find slots available, I will quickly notify here and I request other community users to do the same for everyone’s benefit. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Kalpesh,

Do you have any info that in a day when these slots are made available, tentative timings in a day if you get to know.

Hey Kalpesh,
Were you able to get a slot?
Thanks

Also, I was checking several times a day and my account got blocked for 72 hours. As of this writing still no appointments available for any consulate. I am still questioning Are they making slots available and they are getting used up OR they are NOT at all making slots available ?

https://visagrader.com/trackers/us-drop-box-visa-appointments this tracker is showing people have been submitting their documents in the last few days. But it doesn’t state whether they selected these appointments dates recently or a while back.

Hi Jai,
Did you find to get slots in recent days and now?

No. I’ve been checking roughly 10 times a day for the last 40 days and got nothing. I check all 5 cities.

Same here, daily 3-5 times check at different times, no slots in any cities.

Someone told their opinion that since Student visas were higher priority and national interest, limited available appointments were dedicated for that category. Since that is over now, we may start seeing some openings. Lets hope for the best.

Same with me as well. do update here if you find anything. I will also post updates immediately when I see anything.

I just got an appointment. I checked at 2:20am on the 5th of September before sleeping. I clicked on the only available appointment as soon as I could so did not get a great look at the page. There were three months showing as it normally does for appointments but only the 10th of September was available. When I clicked on it only one time, 3pm, was available. Like I’ve said I’ve been checking for a month and a half about 10 times a day. The last time I checked was on the 4th of September around 7pm and there was no appointment then. This does tell me that they can become available on weekends and at night so don’t only check during the day. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I wish I had seen this email sooner. Now at 3:40 AM IST, 5th Sept. no appointments available. Checked all locations. Congratulations on getting one and appreciate you letting us know. This revived the hopes.

Hi,
I have a question, so when I log into cgi ,I see some what looks like dates available but when I select them and pick the time, hit continue
It takes me to a page that says please schedule a visa appointment. I am confused as to why the dates are showing up as available if they are not.
I have been trying for over 2 weeks but no luck. The blocked my account last week

@Greetrafi Welcome to the party. I have been trying seems like for ever now. I have been trying since July and get my account frozen almost once in every 5 days because of multiple times login. When I wrote this to support team asking what is the maximum number of hits one can do so that I can do 1 less than maximum allowed. I got a very generic response and at the end one line saying they may delete the account as well. Very frustrating.

The only way to see if appointments are available is to check multiple times in a day.
They dont tell what is the maximum number of hits/login allowed per day.
When you exceed the maximum allowed, account gets frozen for 72 hours.
and cycle repeats!!!

Does it happen to you too, that you see calender with dates but once u select a date and hit continue
It shows this page

I have got this several times but that is before even seeing calendar dates.

Also just to update this thread, one of my friends got appointment successfully India time 9:35 PM on 9/16/2021. SO that tells me appointments are being made available but it is that we should be lucky to be on the site at right time,

In this thread you can see another user reported that he got slot on a weekend at 2:20 AM India time.

It is going on crazy.

Oh thanks for the update, Hope lives on :crossed_fingers:

You should try now, I just got a date ,though for next year but I was able to finalize it .
Login NOW

I was able to get an appointment, finally! For benefit of others below are some details.
Please NOTE my case is “Interview waiver/drop box”, hence details below are for the same scenario.

Appointment confirmation email has following instructions. May be useful for those still waiting to get appointment to prepare in advance:

Instructions

Documents can be only submitted on Appointment Date at below Address ONLY . You should arrive at exactly the time of your appointment; you will not be permitted to enter the facility before the time listed on your appointment letter.

The U.S. Embassy/ Consulates in India offer free document pickup/submission services at the OFC where the Embassy/Consulate is located. Applicants collecting/submitting documents from any other locations will need to pay a nominal fee of Rs 650/- per individual at the time of pickup/submission.

Mumbai VAC– Free of cost drop-off location
Parinee Crescenzo, 101, 1st Floor, A Wing, G Block
Bandrakurla Complex Bandra East
Mumbai - 400051

Ahmedabad– Paid drop-off location
Gujarat Chambers Building
Shri Ambika Mills Ashram Road
Ahmedabad - 380009

Pune– Paid drop-off location
4th FOllor, 93 Avenue Mall
Kalubai Chowk,Fatima Nagar
Wanowarie,Pune - 411014

Note: Failure to submit the required information on Appointment date at above locations will result in your application being tagged as No show. Your receipt will be activated after 24 hours. After the no show is updated you may able to reschedule an appointment. Please log in to your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/in for choosing the available date for submitting your documents.
Please print one copy of this page and submit it with the following documents to any of the above Document Drop-Off location. Kindly collect this copy of the letter back as acknowledgement towards submission of your documents.

Guidelines on COVID-19

• Applicants will be subjected to body temperature check to assess their health conditions before entering the Visa Application Center.
  • Applicants showing COVID-19 symptoms (including fever higher than 37.3 degrees Celsius/99.14 degrees Fahrenheit , cough and/or difficulty in breathing) will be asked to reschedule their appointments to another day.
  • Applicants without wearing face mask will not be serviced at the Visa Application Center.
  • We advise applicants to use Sanitizer before entering the Visa Application Center.
  • Applicants are requested to follow social distancing norms at all times during the process of your visa application.
  • By standers and persons accompanying applicants may not be allowed to stand near the Visa Application Center due to social distancing norms.

Few notes and general information

1. Submission accepted at the Document Drop off locations based on the first come first basis.
  2. Holidays observed at Document Drop off locations-
    https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/step-4.html#holidays-and-closures
  3. Photo Specifications in detail -https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/step-2.html#photos-and-fingerprints
  4. Please review the other important notes on the last page of the confirmation letter.

List of common documents to be collected for all visa class under renewal

Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ Confirmation page.
â–ˇ â–ˇ DS-160 CEAC confirmation page.
â–ˇ â–ˇ 1 photo as per US specification (link -https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/step-2.html#photos-and-fingerprints)
â–ˇ â–ˇ All available prior passports with a U.S. visa.

Specific Visa class Applicants : -As per the visa class selected please have the documents handy when
approaching the counter for submission.

Applicants ( â–ˇ - Child below 14 years or â–ˇ - Applicants over 80 years of age )
Yes No
□ □ Photocopy of each parent’s current passport biographic information page (applicable for child below 14 years)
□ □ Photocopy of each parent’s valid U.S. visa page (applicable for child below 14 years)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Applying on or after 80th birthday (applicable for Applicants over 80 years of age)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Most recent visa application was not refused (applicable for Applicants over 80 years of age)

NOTE: For additional documents for child below 14 years, please refer to the specific visa class you have selected.

B1/B2 Applicants ( â–ˇ- B1/B2 , â–ˇ - B1/B2 OCS )
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ The prior visa in the same classification which is still valid or expired within last 48 months
□ □ DOMESTIC HELPER - Employer’s visa copy & signed employment contract
â–ˇ â–ˇ Joining letter (applicable for B1 OCS Applicants)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Letter from Coast Guard (applicable for B1 OCS Applicants)

C1D Applicants
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ The prior visa in the same classification is still valid or expired within last 48 months
â–ˇ â–ˇ Original CDC - if available
â–ˇ â–ˇ Joining or offer letter - if available

R applicants ( â–ˇ -R1, â–ˇ -R2)
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ Prior visa in the same class which is still valid or expired within last 48 months. (applicable for R1,R2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Current I-797 photocopy (applicable for R1)
□ □ Photocopy of R1’s current I-797 and last visa (applicable for R2)

F and M applicants ( â–ˇ-F1, â–ˇ -F2, â–ˇ -M1, â–ˇ-M2)
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ The prior visa in the same class which is still valid or expired within the last 48 months (applicable for F1,M1,F2,M2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Form I-20 (photocopy) (applicable for F1,M1,F2,M2)
□ □ Copy of F1’s/M1’s I-20 and last visa (applicable for F2,M2)

J applicants (â–ˇ-J1, â–ˇ-J2)
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ The prior visa in the same classification which is still valid or expired within last 48 months (applicable for J1,J2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ DS-2019 in original (applicable for J1,J2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ If J1 is under INTERN /TRAINEE, collect DS-7002 photocopy (applicable for J1)
□ □ Copy of J1’s DS-2019 and last visa (applicable for J2)

H and L applicants (â–ˇ -H1, â–ˇ -H4, â–ˇ -L1 Individual,â–ˇ -L2 Individual,â–ˇ -L2 Blanket)
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ Prior visa in the same class which is still valid or expired within last 48 months. (applicable for H1,H4,L1Individual,L2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Photocopy of current I-797 (applicable for H1,H4,L1Individual,L2)(If issued for dependent)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Photocopy of previous I-797 (only if the last visa stamped on the passport and current petition have a gap of more than one year) (applicable for H1, L1Individual)
□ □ Principal applicant’s current I-797’s copy (applicable for H4 and L2)
□ □ Principal applicant’s previous I-797 only if the last visa stamped on the passport and current petition have a gap of more than 1 year. (Applicable only for H4 and L2)
□ □ Principal applicant’s photocopy of current I-129 (Applicable only for L2 Blanket)
□ □ Principal applicant’s last visa copy (Applicable only for H4 and L2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ All previous I-797s for the applicant. (Applicable only for H4 and L2) (photocopy)(if available)
□ □ Principal applicant’s position confirmation letter (original/copy) from employer/petitioner. (Applicable for H1, H4, L1 Individual, L2)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Employment letter specifying why the applicant qualifies for a National Interest Exception (NIE) or proof of relationship that the applicant is not subject to the PP.

O1, O2 and O3 applicants
Yes No
â–ˇ â–ˇ Prior visa in the same class which is still valid or expired within last 48 months. (applicable for O1,O2,O3)
â–ˇ â–ˇ Current I-797 photocopy(applicable for O1,O2,O3) (if issued for dependents)
□ □ Photocopy of O1’s current I-797 & last visa (applicable for O2,O3)

Acknowledged by Visa Application Center Date

Note - Please refer to the important links and notes on the last page of the Appointment letter .

Parking in and around the U.S. Embassy/ Consulates, as well as at the Visa application Centre , is strictly prohibited due to security concerns. Thank you for your cooperation.

Important Notes and Other information’s Links

1. Applicants 80 years of age or older must apply on or after 80th birthday.
  2. You are not required to submit documents in person at the Drop-Off location but may send a representative carrying all the above listed documents as per specification.
  3. Please review the security regulation at the Documents drop off location to avoid any inconvenience -https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/step-5.html#security-regulations
  4. Passport Pick Up -

Important points for passport pick up from the selected pick up location For more information please visit - https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/collection-locations.html

• Government-issued photo ID can be a passport biographic information page, voter ID, PAN card, driving license, or Aadhaar card. An employment ID card issued in connection with a government job is not acceptable.
  • If representative collecting the passport, an ORIGINAL letter of authority must contain the following information:

-Representative’s full name as on their government-issued photo ID
-Applicant’s name and Passport number

• If Husband is collecting passport/document on behalf of wife or vice-versa please bring relevant documents as listed in the table above.
  • Children below 18 years of age will not be allowed to collect any/self-passport. An original letter of authority signed by any one parent is mandatory.
  • A copy of your Appointment letter along with above supporting documents is recommended for speedy collection of passport at the counter.

N egative COVID19 Test Required for Travel

Effective January 26, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States to present a negative COVID-19 test (a viral detection test for SARS-CoV- 2 approved or authorized by the relevant national authority), taken within 72 hours of departure. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers before boarding.Airlines must deny boarding of passengers if they do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery. This requirement is separate from the visa application process. All Presidential Proclamations restricting travel due to COVID-19 remain in place, and continue to apply to subject potential travelers regardless of their test results or vaccination status. Travelers holding a National Interest Exception also remain subject to all applicable pre-departure testing requirements. For more information on waivers to the testing requirement available here - COVID-19 Information - U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India

Also, now on the appointment portal you will see additional buttons;

PostAppointment

And instructions for Emergency Appointment are

Emergency Request Instructions

Before requesting an Emergency Appointment, please ensure that you meet one of the following criteria.

• Medical Needs
    Purpose of travel is to obtain urgent medical care, or to accompany a relative or employer for urgent medical care.Essential documentation:
    1. A letter from your doctor in India describing the medical condition and why you are seeking medical care in the United States.
    2. A letter from the physician or hospital in the United States indicating that they are prepared to treat your case and providing the approximate cost of the treatment.
    3. Evidence of how you will pay for the cost of the treatment.
  • ESTA Denied
    If you are citizen of a Visa Waiver Program partner, but have received a notice that you are no longer eligible to travel to the Untied States under that program and you are also a citizen of, or had recent travel to North Korea ,Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Syria, Libya, Yemen, or Somalia you may request an expedited appointment if your travel is imminent.
  • Students or exchange visitors
    Purpose of travel is to begin or resume a valid program of study in the United States within 60 days when no regular visa appointments are available. This option is limited only to students and exchange students who are within 60 days of their start date. It is also limited only to applicants who have not been refused a visa within the last six months at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.Essential documentation:
    1. Original Form I-20 or DS-2019 indicating start date of program within 60 days.
    2. Evidence that you have paid the SEVIS fee (when applicable).
  • Urgent Business Travel
    Purpose of travel is to attend to an urgent business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted in advance.Essential documentation:
    1. A letter of invitation from the corresponding company in the United States attesting to the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and that either the U.S. or local company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an expedited appointment is not available.Or
    • Evidence of a necessary training program in the United States of three months duration or less, to include letters from both the local employer and the U.S. company providing the training. Both letters should include a detailed explanation of the training and explain why either the U.S. or local company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an expedited appointment is not available.
  • Funeral/Death
    Purpose of travel is to attend the funeral of or make arrangements for repatriating the body of an immediate family member (mother, father, brother, sister, child,) in the United States.

Essential documentation:

1. A letter from the funeral director stating the contact information, the details of the deceased, and the date of the funeral.
  2. You must also present evidence that the deceased is an immediate relative.

NOTE : On March 20, 2020, the Department of States announced a global suspension of routine visa services in light of the current pandemic and as a result, the United States Embassy and Consulates in India are only providing certain emergency services. We continue to review emergency appointment requests in light of the global visa suspension and our capacity to manage our work for the safety of both our customers and our staff. We will review your expedite request and will schedule interviews as conditions permit. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. Please follow our website and social media platforms for any announcements regarding the resumption of routine visa services. The MRV fee is valid and may be used for a visa application in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment

The first available date would be 9/20/2021.

1 Like