H4 Visa stamping while spouse's H1 amendment in progress

Hi Experts

I applied for H1 petition extension and it is approved. My project location is changed and hence the LCA and amendment is in progress. My wife who is currently in India, her visa expires in 2 weeks.

  1. Is it possible for her to travel to US before visa expiry to the new location without any issue from CBP ?

  2. Or is it better to get her visa stamped with my extended petition and amendment receipt and then travel ?



She can enter using her current visa. She should carry your old 797 and amendment petition receipt and should get I-94 based on 797.

Will she be entering US at your old location or the proposed location in the amendment?