H4 Visa stamping drop box eligibility with H4(expired) & H1(valid) both stamps in passports

Hi All,

Need your valuable advice on below case:

Feb’2015 - I came to US with H4 visa valid until Sept 2016.Sep’2015 - Husband changed employer, so I got new H4 pettion valid until Nov’17.Dec’2015 - I applied for H1B in April while in US, it was approved until Nov’18.Jan’2016 - I went to India and got H1B stamping until Nov’18 and entered US in same class.Today,

My H1B visa is valid.H4 ‘Stamp’ is expired (within a year).H4 petition (with husband’s current employer) is still valid.Drop-box eligibility Questions:

I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply.My most recent visa was issued in India. (YES)I received my visa after January 1, 2008. (YES)My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”. (YES)My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday. (YES)I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance. (YES)If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.I am traveling to India to get H4 stamping (Feb’17) either with interview or drop box.

Am I be eligible for drop-box for H4 Visa stamping?Q#1 & Q#7 are unclear to me. Are they YES or NO for me?

You are eligible for drop box in H4 cat. Answer to Q 1 and 7 are YES

Could you please share any information regarding same? What did you answer for these questions? Did you go for dropbox?

Hi,

We were eligible for Dropbox as stamped H-4 was not more than a year old expired.
At dropbox, was just asked primary applicant’s H1-B copy and my passport.
it was smooth sail.
Wish you luck.

Thank You So Much for your response. I really appreciate it.

We are also in the same boat. My wife has is in below situation:

May’2015 - She came to US with H4 visa valid until Sept 2017.
Oct’2016 - She applied for H1B in April while in US, it was approved until Oct 2019.
April’2017 - Filed change of status for H1B to H4. Got Receipt. Waiting for Approval.
April’2017 - Husband (Me) filed H1B extension. It was approved until Dec 2018.

We are going to India and my wife need to get H4 stamped.

Today My wife’s situation,

H1B petition is valid, however COS filed.
H4 ‘Stamp’ is expired (within a year).
H4 petition (with husband’s current employer) is still valid.

I cannot comment on H4 Stamping in India, if COS is filed and pending in US.

For my case, we consulted Immigration Attorney and they suggested not to go through USCIS for H1-H4 change while in US so we never filed COS, but directly traveled to India.

Hi ,

Did you go ahead with H4 drop box option ? I am also in same situation please let me know

I selected Dropbox option. Will go on 24th Nov and will update my experience here.

thanks for the reply let me know. In my case H4 petition is expired so little confused.

Hi,

How did it go with drobox option ?

I submitted all documents on 24th Nov. On 5th Dec my wife and son’s passport were ready to pickup, however mine went into Admin Processing. Received my visa on 13th Dec without submitting any additional documents.