H4 Visa interview when visa stamp on the passport has expired

Hi All,
I am planning to go for my H4 visa interview on the basis of my wife’s i797 which just got approved on for 4/30/2021 to 4/29/2024. Her current H1B visa expires on 4/29/2021. We recently got married (last month).
Question: Is it a good idea to go for the interview for H4 on principal visa holder’s approved petition (I797) without her most recent visa stamping.
Note: My wife is currently in the US and I will be interviewed in Mumbai consulate. This will be my first time I apply for H4.
Request you’ll to please help.

Thank you.

You can independently attend visa interview without primary visa holder and you only required primary h1b i797 approval documents that is latest.

It doesn’t matter weather your spouse visa expired or not and also where currently spouse is located. Both visa treated as separate only required is i797 approval notice.

But you need to have proof which says both are married and that is marriage certificate.
If you are attending first time visa stamping then you may need to book regular appointment and not sure india us consulate resume regular visa interviews.

Please check and book appointment for ofc and consulate interview . ustravel doc’s will guide you all .

Thanks for the response Meera Prince. This helps a lot…