H4 Visa Interview Scheduling for December 2016

Hi All,

I am getting married on December first week 2016. I am trying to schedule H4 visa appointment for my wife. I have made travel plans to comeback to US on January first week. But while scheduling for appointment with US consulate, I am not getting any dates in December. Its available in the month of February. So I have not yet selected the dates for interview.

I want to know is there any chance I will get a date in December ? Shall I keep checking for dates in the scheduling page?

Please advise what can I do to schedule her interview in December 2016.

Keep trying the date availability and hopefully something will show-up. Maybe take a date from Feb and then advance it to an earlier date when it becomes available.

Keep checking that site where you book an appointment. i believe it gets refreshed everyday around 9-10 AM IST. It makes the space available if there is any cancellation. Its my personal experience and it worked too.

Okay…but after booking the appointment…if i want to advance the date.what is the procedure.Do i have to cancel it first and then reschedule?..

Okay…but unless you schedule a VAC appointment i cannot view the VISA date appointment calendar…So,when i have to keep checking for dates how will i come to know VISA date is available as per my requirement.

You should play with these dates. Unless you don’t see your required visa date and click on continue button on that 2nd page, your appointment hasn’t been scheduled yet. You can choose any date in first page which is OFC appointment, then go ahead on 2nd page for visa stamping date, if its matching your window, then go ahead, else go back to previous page. You are allowed three times to reschedule your date, then your rescheduling option would be disappeared from your account.

Hope it makes sense. Good luck.

I did already reply on your reply on my previous comment. You are allowed three times to change your dates either advance date or future date. For more than three times, you need to pay your visa stamping fees again.

Thank you for your valuable inputs…