H4 to H1 or L1

Good Morning,

Hope that you doing good…

I came from india with my Spouse in H4 visa status.I am seeking guidness to convert my H4 visa to work permit visa (H1 or L1)… I was working in India for past 4 years in US based company.

Please advice to change my status.

Thanks in advance

For H-1, find an employer willing to sponsor your H-1 in upcoming cap (April 2016). They can file H-1 along w/ COS from H-4 to H-1. Once approved, you can work for the new employer on H-1

For L-1, you need to have worked for the employer outside US for at least 1 year in past 3 years. So in your case, only your old Indian employer is eligible for L-1 filing. In addition, the position should required specialized knowledge which is not easily known outside the employer.