H4 to apply job with illinois police Do i need to be on any other visa

i’m on H4 being a wife of H1B holder. having done a masters in forensic science. found a opening with illinois police …what is the best way to get into service ? Do you think i should get a student visa and then apply or else should i apply for work visa ( im a fresher with no previous job experience )

You cannot work on H4 visa.

Well, becoming a student will give you CPT after 2 semesters, depending on school, then you can work for them part time, if that fits your program. Or you can work form them on OPT after your program is complete. If you want to work for them full time, they need to sponsor your H1B visa after your OPT period.