H4 stamping using dropbox - Eligibility after Transfer?

Hi Expert,

My wife is having most recent expired H4 visa on her old passport with maiden name. She is in INDIA now. And she got new passport with new name after marriage.
Is she eligible for DROPBOX option ?

ANSWER to all below question is YES

1. I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
2. My most recent visa was issued in India
3. I received my visa after January 1, 2008
4. My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
5. My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
6. My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
7. I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
8. If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

Yes, she should be fine and can attend the stamping using dropbox. In general, when you start the process, you will have a wizard, that will guide you and give you a confirmation, if eligible or not.
The passport change is not related to dropbox eligibility, so you should be fine. Do update after you book dropbox appointment. You can check out recent experience of Dropbox with Appointment for H4

Thank you Kumar. I will update here once we done with it.

-MumbaiMS

1 Like

Thanks. Also, when you plan to book appointment, please share the appointment availability screenshots or dates on the Dropbox Availability Threads for community benefit.

dropbox availability @Nov 05, 2019

1 Like