H4 stamping - Spouse name change in indian passport - after divorce and 2nd marriage


I am on H1 visa, and have my passport printed with my first spouse name .I have got divorced from the ex-spouse (indian) and have got married to my current spouse (indian).

looking for h4 stamping for my wife.

is marriage certificate and divorce copy is fine for H4 stamping ?


I have to remove my ex wife name from the passport and add my current wife name into my passport and then go for H4 stamping.

No need to remove the ex wife name from passport as long as you have your documents supporting the current situation like Divorce papers and current marriage certificate… But, if you have a week to 10 days time, you might as well get the passport fixed to avoid future issues…Apply for new passport and get it corrected…

Thanks for your inputs kumar.

1 Like