H4 Port of Entry question


I am on H1B and currently in State A. Is it ok for my Husband on H4 to come to the USA via a port of entry in State B? He will be staying with my uncle’s family in State B for some time before joining me. Can he tell this to the immigration officer at the port of entry?

What type of questions does he need to be prepared?

Thank you.

Yes, this is okay.

Questions can be related to primary H1B and H4 spouse (just google for samples). Have the H4 carry below documents.
Copy of I797 approval notice for primary H1B
Copy of employment verification letter for primary H1B, last three paystubs.
Marriage certificate
H4 visa stamp in the passport/I797.
US residence proof if primary H1B is already in the US.

1 Like