H4 for a baby of previous marriage.

Need o know this. I am in USA with H1B Visa from India. I am married to an woman from India who is divorced and having a baby. Baby’s father is still there.

My questions.

Will that baby get a dependent(H4) visa along with the wife and come to USA? What are the formalities?

It is better for you to consult an immigration attorney on this. Maybe your H-1 attorney can help you.

In general, as you are not the biological father of the child, she may have to provide divorce decree and proof that she is the legal custodian. If its joint custody then biological father’s approval may also be required for the visa stamping.