My wife was on H4. She decided to join a school andhence converted to F1. In the mean time she was pregnnt and baby was born on June 2014. The shool said to rejoin by Aug 5 deadline or the sevis status will be expired. She could not go back due to health conditions, hence I filed a change f status on Aug 1 2014 from F1 to H4. On Feb 10 I received a letter from USCIS saying intent to deny since she is no longer having F1 validity. Her H4 visa is valid and stamped till June 2015
Please please please help me what should I do. My question is:
- Should she be on F1 status at the time when USCIS is reviewing status ( i.e Feb 6th 2015) and not before applying COS i.e on Aug 1 2014?
- I filed the chang of status on Aug 1 where the deadline from the school was Aug 6th, did I do something wrong ?
- What documents ca I reply USCIS back with, my deadline is March 11 2015 ?
- If she goes out of the country and comes back will he H4 status be reinstated ? If yes will these past months (Aug 1st 2014 - F3eb 6th 2015) be reinstated too ? Will this affect her green card process, I have my 140 Approved already?