Need some time critical help on my current situation.
I am living in USA on H4 visa stamping with I 94 that expires on Dec 31st 2012. Also i have my H1B petition in progress. However its getting a little late this year to get the final H1b Status update. I believe it can take later than my I94 expiry which is Dec 31st 2012. So i cant wait till h1b results so i am applying for H4 extension through my spouse’s company. My spouse has H1B approved till Nov 2014. So my question is
If i got my H1B approval before H4 Approval, does it void my H1B approval?
Once i receive H1B approval (in case before Dec 31st ) should i wait for latest H4 approval for COS from H4 to H1 or i can go ahead before my H4 extension approval.