I have an approved H1B petition from Company A (COS from H4 to H1B was rejected due to travel out of country) and intend to go for stamping in home country in Feb. 2016. My husband’s company (Company B) had filed my H4 extension in Aug. 2015 and is still pending for approval. My husband’s petition is approved as it was filed earlier. I assume my H4 extension might not get approved (pending) when I attend the H1B visa interview in Feb. 2016.
Must the H4 extension be withdrawn before the H1B interview?
If the H1B visa is denied, and H4 extension is not withdrawn, do I have to wait in India until the H4 extension is approved?
If the H1B visa is denied, and H4 extension withdrawal REQUEST is sent (Not withdrawn yet by USCIS), can I apply for a fresh H4 when in India?
Will travel out of the country during extension cancel the H4 extension automatically or does it amount to illegal presence?
Also, does having an H4 extension pending during H1B visa interview pose any risks?
What would you suggest in this scenario, please help?