H4 Extension - Dropbox when an Active extension application is in progress

My H1B extension is approved and my wife’s H4 extension is still in progress with California Service Center. She completed her Biometrics on April 26th 2019.
But unfortunately, we need to travel to India on June 8th 2019.
If we go to India, I would like to know if my wife will be eligible for H4 dropbox, when there is an active extension application is in progress. I came to know that, the current application will likely be abandoned. But I need to confirm if that will have any impact on dropbox eligibiliy for my wife.

Thanks,
Arun

Yes, she would be eligible for dropbox, if she meets all the standard requirements for Dropbox. Stamping should have no impact. In general, the key document for H4 stamping is H1B spouse’s approval and status. The extension application has no impact on stamping. You can withdraw the same, after you enter US on H4 visa by writing to USCIS.

@Kumar Thank you so much for the clarification.

1 Like

Hi Kumar
I am in a similar scenario.My H1 extn is approved .However my dependents H4 extn is still in progress with Nebraska Service center.
My visa expired on July 5,2019
It was filed on June 11 and biometrics was done on July 2nd while we were in USA.
We had to travel to India for medical emergency .

Please let me know if i and dependent can go for drop box and can get visa stamped even while her H4 extn is still pending for dependent

Hi KannanArun
I am in a similar situation with my H1 Extn approved while dependents H4 is still in progress at Nebraska Service center.We had to travel to India for medical emergency
Please let me know if your dependent was still able to get visa stamped through drop box while active H4 extn was in progess

Yes, she can go for Dropox, if she meets the general requirements of dropbox. Read Travel out of US with H4 pending