H4 EAD pending & H4 RFE, H1 PP approved

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice here:

Case Background:
We applied for H1 PP + H4 renewal + H4 EAD renewal in Dec 2019. H1 PP approved within 10 days however the decision on H4 and H4 EAD was still pending until recently, when we received H4 RFE. I am still to get the details on RFE, but here is the scenario:

I travelled to my home country in Feb due to an emergency and came back to US with my H4 stamped. I did not withdraw my H4 application then (my husband’s company attorney misguided us), but I did request for expedites in March 2020 for both my H4 and H4 EAD applications, USCIS did get back to me saying they will respond in 45 days. Meanwhile, my H4 EAD expired April end due to no response and that affected my job. I do want to get back to my job, hoping to get approval soon.

At this time, what is the best step forward, can someone please guide me?

  1. Do I respond to H4 RFE or should I be withdrawing H4 application altogether? What is the process?
  2. Will that affect my H4 EAD application?
  3. Can we add the H4 visa stamp to H4 EAD case electronically (initial application was paper based), if so what is the process? Will that speed up my H4 EAD case?
  4. Will I run into any issues with this approach (H4 renewal withdrawal + adding H4 visa stamp to EAD renewal docs?
  5. What is the turnaround time for H4 RFE response with the current COVID 19 situation?

Thanks in Advance!