H4 EAD in case H1b and H4 end dates are different

Hi,
I am planning to apply for H4 EAD for my wife. Her current approved H4 petition expires on 11/14/2020 and newly filed H4 extension is still in process. My latest H1b petition is valid until 10/15/2021.

I have following two questions,

1. Can I apply for H4 EAD while her H4 extension is still in process?
  2. In my case, the expiration dates for approved H4(11/14/2020) and H1b(10/15/2021) are different. If I apply for H4 EAD within a week from now, what expiration date does USCIS consider to show on the H4 EAD card(below sample pic shown)?

I would greatly appreciate for any feedback .Thank you.

-Chiru

1. Yes
  2. It will be until the end of H4. The best thing to do is apply for H4 Extension and EAD together, so that you get it until end of H1B expiration.

Share the picture…

Hi Kumar, Thank you for your prompt response as always.
I can not apply for H4 Extension and EAD together as I have already applied her H4 extension in July 2020 and received petition number. We don’t know how long it is going to take for USCIS to make final decision on already applied H4 petition.
So, When do you think will be the right time to apply for H4 EAD?
I am thinking to apply for H4 EAD in next couple of days irrespective of her current H4 situation. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Chiru

Pictures referred in initial post:
Sample Pic only(found in google images),

You should apply as soon as you can. No need to wait. Attach the receipt notice copy of H4 Extension, so that they know to issue H4 EAD until the new H4. Also, you can write in a request letter for the same on plain paper.