H4 EAD Expires and work from India - Get Paid in USA?

My wife’s H4 EAD is expiring and her company is termination her fulltime status. She is going to to India and work from there. Earlier we thought her company will work out with a company in India and will pay her INR in India. But she just got a contract from them that she is going to work as a contractor for the company directly and she will get paid in USD. Can she really work for a US company and get paid in USD when she is in India and don’t have a valid work status?

You can work in India and get paid in India, there is no need for any authorization…But, you getting paid in US without being there is more of a Tax related issue…Also, your employer cannot really pay her in US that would be illegal, because for them to pay in US as employer they need to maintain I-9 compliance for her as employee…she not being there, they cannot pay her there on payroll and have I-9 compliance…They can pay her in India for sure…
So, make sure you understand all of the tax and immigration implications and handle accordingly…

It’s not going to same payroll as a full time. They work with some company who pays out the contract.

Then you are not working for the same company, you are working for your third party contractor in India…so, they are not technically related…

Yes they are not related.