H4 EAD card not delivered by USPS - Use approval notice to work?

Kavitha
Hi,
Receipt date: March 27th 2020
Approval date: Nov 28th 2020 I received h4 ead approval notice, but my physical EAD card was
misdelivered by USPS.
USPS has given a letter, they are the responsible for lost of card. Again I applied for replacement card on Dec 11th 2020 and it will take to come 60 to 90 days.
My existing EAD expired on May 13th 2020.My question is, with h4 EAD approval notice or once i receive the replacement card receipt number can I start my work?
Can any one please answer my question.
Thank you!

Well, this is something that is up to your employer to handle or accept it. They need the card for I-9 compliance. But, now there are some exemptions in place to use the approval notice instead of the card.
Read below, you may be able to get away under this option and work. Check with your attorney to be sure.

Thanks for response Kumar, but they clearly mentioned this flexibility to use approval notice applies only to EAD approval notices that have Notice Date between December 1, 2019 and August 20, 2020.

I saw the below option in USCIS site.

You can only accept 3 types of receipts:

• A receipt showing that your employee has applied to replace a List A, B, or C document that was lost, stolen, or damaged.

This receipt is valid for 90 days from the date of hire (meaning, first day of work for pay) or in the case of reverification, 90 days from the date employment authorization expired. Within 90 days, the employee must show you the replacement document for which the receipt was given.

Will it works for me, I appreciate your response!

Thanks