H4 EAD Biometrics

My biometrics appointment for H4 Visa extension and EAD was scheduled for Feb 26th. However I missed it as I was sick. On recovering, I havent been able to reschedule my biometrics appointment due to the ASC office closures for Covid-19.

My husbands H1B got extended and we had received the approval in 20 days. Both our visa’s were filed on 1/30 with a receipt date of 1/31.

My I94/H4 expires on 6/22 and the ASC are now scheduled to open on 6/22.

Questions:

1. Can I lawfully remain in the country post 6/22
  2. Will my biometrics appt be automatically be rescheduled as it prior to the March 18th date of closure of office notices.
  3. Will I be considered for the 240 Extension period (per the alert on Apr 13th by USCIS)
  1. Can I lawfully remain in the country post 6/22
    Reply - Yes. Since you filed the application before the expiry date and your application is waiting.
  2. Will my biometrics appt be automatically be rescheduled as it prior to the March 18th date of closure of office notices.
    Reply - Yes… You should get a new appointment letter. In worst case, you can call USCIS customer care and explain the situation. They can guide.
  3. Will I be considered for the 240 Extension period (per the alert on Apr 13th by USCIS)
    Reply - Since you filed the application on time (before expiry), you can stay for the extension period. This rule was there even before the alert on Apr 13th.

Thanks.

Is my EAD application/I765 also considered for the 240 day extension as my category is C26.

You cannot work in C26 category but can stay legally in US on the basis of H4 application. You need to be in LWP and wait for the decision.

Thank you for the info.