H4 EAD - Biometrics cancelled due to COVID-19

11 Mar 2020 Filed H1B, H4 & H4 EAD (renewal) together with PP
18 Mar 2020 My spouse’s H1B got approved
02 Apr 2020 H4 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled

Currently, USCIS is closed due to COVID-19 and not sure about getting the automatic rescheduled appointment date for biometrics.

Now with the current news, USCIS will consider the previous biometrics for EAD process. I’ve not given biometrics when I got my H4EAD earlier (couple of years before) in USA.

What will be the best advice for my H4 EAD renewal since it expires in the month of June 1st week?

Thank you

Sorry for asking this question anib but do you know if your online status has changed since you received biometrics appointment? My wife is on almost same timeline with your case but so far we even didn’t receive appointment other than the receipt itself. Thanks.

No. My online status is still ‘Case Received’ and they didn’t reschedule the appointment still.

Thanks, I think you just need to wait for them to send another letter to reschedule later when they are affirmative no the reopen date of ASC.

Thank you. Appreciated if anyone else know any other options.

Hi there,
I also applied change of status from F1 stem to H4. My status is still case was received. Since I applied on April 2nd, 2020, the office was closed and I still have not received any biometric appointment at all. I called USCIS and they told me that all biometric appointments or rescheduled appointments will be made once USCIC in-person office open, which is June 4th, 2020. If you had applied, the status will always be “case was received” until you got approved or denied, then the case will be updated. I am a little bit worry that not having biometric taken will further extend the processing time of H4, which usually taking from 6 months to 1 year :frowning:

Same situation. My STEM ead expires in few months. No biometrci done. Postponed to unknown date. Should stop doing my job if I don’t receive the h4cos and h4 ead card before stem expiry…
First getting a job is difficult…Cant even confirm employer how many days I cant work after expiry so they could rehire me after a date because of usics unknown processing times.

Please let me know if you find any other options in this situation. Will be helpful. I will also do the same

Hi everyone, I just received a biometric appointment in my online USCIS account. History of my case:

• April 2nd, 2020: Case was received.
  • October 11th, 2020: Biometric appointment notice.
  • October 28th, 2020: Biometric appointment at assigned time slot.

I will have 2 weeks from now until my biometric appointment and I will tell everyone with my update.