H4 ead application in 2015

just read “DHS Extends Eligibility for Employment Authorization to Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses of H-1B Nonimmigrants Seeking Employment-Based Lawful Permanent Residence

I am on H4 visa currently.

My spouse’s employer will be starting his Green Card process/I-140 in April 2015, from there on i believe it will take approx 3 months for his I-140 to be approved.

As per the new rule for H4 EAD, the applications can be filed from May 26, 2015. However i wanted to understand if H4 EAD applications can be filed throughout the year ? (as in my case, my spoue’s approved I-140 might be done by about August 2015)

Starting from May 26th, you can file for EAD once you are on H4 status and the spouse had an approved i140 in hand, AT ANY TIME(after 5/26/2015) only

First of all you didn’t mention if your PERM (labor) is approved. It takes 6 to 8 months for labor approval and about 3 months for I140 approval (if premium it will take 15 days). All this assuming you won’t get RFE in PERM and I140. After your spouse gets 140 approval you can apply for H4 EAC.