H4 dependents on H1 visa travel


For instance my H1B visa is done with Company A along with my H4 dependents in India.

I travel to US alone, hoping to get my family in US in 3-4 months after I settle down, find a house in a good locality etc.

In the process, I get an good offer from Company B which I accept and do a H1 transfer from Company A to B while in the US.

Can my H4 dependents travel to the US on the initial visa stamped on their passport by Company A or do I need to apply for a restamping for them in my home country?

Kindly help. Thank You.

No. Re-stamping is needed only in 2 events (1) you abandon or convert your H-1B visa to an F-1 or other visa category or (2) the company issuing the original H-1B has been cited by BCIS for immigration irregularities or has shut down. In both these cases, a declaration of circumstances is required. Nothing like that has happened here. It is a simple H-4 travel.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu