My project got finished 3 months back and I am on bench from then. My employer has filed my extension only a couple of weeks back just before my H1 expiry date. My wife has a full time job and she is also on H1. Now my kid is little unwell and as per doctor’s advice some one has to take care of him for a couple of months.
My wife cannot stay back home as she has a more secured job when compared to me, I am a contractor so I am planning to move to H4 immediately as I am already on bench without a project from quite some time. I need your advice on the below:
Can I change to H4 while my H1 extension is pending. I got my H1 extension receipt no.and my I94 was expired a couple of weeks back.
If I change to H4 will it be permitted now as I don’t have a valid i-94 now ( I am staying here as my employer filed for it just in time)
I can pay for my H1 extension PP expenses but I dont think I need it right now and moreover I dont thin I can afford it now so can I change to h4 even with h1 extension (wiith i-94) pending.
If I can change to H4 , then what is process to change to H4 and how much time will it take. Do I need to again pay something for H4 conversion like PP charges etc… to get it done faster.
After my kid’s treatment, like can I change back to H1 then if I change to H4 now. Will it then impact my H1 conversion then because of this move ( to change to H4 now while my H1 extension) is pending.
I definitely need your advice and thanks for all your suggestions on this blog.