H4 Approved and H4 EAD Pending

My H4 was filed with H1 Extn in August at Nebraska and we received our H4 approval last week. We had filed H4 EAD later in October which went to Vermont. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to approve EAD as my H4 is now approved.

Is it possible to file a new H4 EAD application with my approved H4 while the current application is still pending? As that would give me 6 month extension

Appreciate if anyone can give their insights

No need to file another EAD application as you have a valid H4 I-94 now, your EAD is considered auto extended for 180 days as you timely filed the H4 extension of status and EAD application before your EAD expiry date.

Excerpts from below link - https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/policy-manual-updates/20211112-EmploymentAuthorization.pdf

Provides that the following combination of documents evidence the automatic extension of the
previous EAD, and are acceptable to present to employers for Form I-9 purposes: Form I-94
indicating the unexpired nonimmigrant status (H-4, E, or L), Form I-797C for a timely-filed
EAD renewal application (Form I-765) stating “Class requested” as “(a)(17),” “(a)(18),” or
“(c)(26),” and the facially expired EAD issued under the same category (that is, indicating
Category A17, A18, or C26).

1 Like