H4 Approval wrong date

Hi , My Spouse was on F1 Visa and we applied a COS from F1 to H4 and H4 EAD in May 2021.

Then, due to change in Job duties my company filled a new H1B corresponding to which a new H4 extension was filed for my spouse in August 2021

I received the COS approval from Jan 21 to May 23 which seems correct as to the date when it was filled.

Later I received the approval of the H4 extension which says that H4 is approval is from August 2021 to May 2024.

So they backdated my spouse H4 visa by 6 months while my wife was in lawful F1 status during that time (August 21 to Jan 22). But according to the H4 extension, she would be in a H4 Status from August 21 which seems wrong.

Has anybody faced this issue ? How do we ask USCIS to correct the start date for H4 and can we travel during this time ?

You said you applied for COS in May 2021 and USCIS approved it from Jan’21? Any typo in the timeline? Generally the COS is effective the date or approval or the start date you requested on the I-539 form.

This seems correct as you applied EOS for H4 along with your H1B amendment so the H4 dates will be inline with H1B.

So this is contradicting! You mentioned above that her COS from F1 to H4 was approved starting Jan’21. In that case how can she be in F1 status from Aug’21 to Jan’22?

The above questions are confusing and don’t make sense.