H4 Admin processing

Hi,

My wife went for the H4 interview on December 7th 2017 at Hyderabad. The interview was straight forward

CO: Where does your Husband Work 

Her : XYZ Company 

CO: where do u live

Her : Virginia and the address

CO: how long you are in USA

Her: 3 years

and then She said congratulations your Visa is approved and handed over a booklet (Rights in USA) and then said she will receive the passport in 2 days.The passport si still with them. But since then her Visa is in admin processing. It been more than 45 days now.

This has happened to her the first time as well , she was approved after 3 months. Not sure why they are making her go through the same again

has anyone gone through this ???

I am worried how long its gonna take for them to approve again.

Something not connecting. Officer congratulated at first but how come you came to know that your wife case is under admin processing? Online status? If so, write a letter to the consulate with this fact. Usually H4 issues are related to the underlying H1 Visa issues(husband H1 visa) other than the valid marriage certificate.

I see the status of her application as admin processing since the day of interview.
Interview date 7th dec
Update date 13th dec
Nothing since then

My h1 was approved no issues with mine.
I emailed them , they say it’s under admin processing and need sometime
They did not ask for any marriage certificate , she already was on h4 and with me for 3 years

Hi,
I have also applied for h4 visa on 20 dec 2017 since then no further information it is in administrative proccessing last case update date is 20-12-27 its almost 3 months for me and i am still waiting it’s very frustrating.

is visa approved or still in ad…??

This means, the spouse having a valid H1 is not just enough. After the H1 approval, USICS examine how this H1 visa is being used(employer-employee relationships, right payments of salary etc). Thus, the admin processing is examining your current H1 status after the last approval. You have to keep waiting, there is no other option.