H4 221g waiting game

Hi, I went for my H4 visa interview on June 20th with two previous F2 denials in April this year (412b) (as I may have stated accidentally that I intend to migrate). Then my husband (currently in US) got his H1B approved this June (not yet stamped) and at my H4 interview at Sri Lankan embassy, I got the same visa officer who denied my previous visas who asked basic questions and then told me to be reinterviewed by the other VO. This VO asked me questions in more detail and then kept my passport and handed over me form 221g. They said they would call me back in 1 week but its been 2 weeks and no response. The form asks to wait 3 weeks before contacting the embassy.
Any others going through a similar situation and if so, when do you guys think my visa will be issued? How hopeful should I be as I am with my son here and waiting to be reunited with my husband since its been several months apart now. Would appreciate your stories and feedback…
Thank you in advance for your help!

Many people are waiting with 221g issues…You can check221g Tracker. Technically, you cannot do anything, all you can do is just wait…sometimes, it can be done in few weeks, sometimes it may take few months…Hope for the best…

Thanks for the reply. I finally got my visa.
Case created: 20 June 2019
Case updated: 30 July 2019
Visa Issued: 31 July 2019
Passport picked up: 1 Aug 2019

1 Like

Congrats @Dina1 ! Glad to hear it is sorted out.