H1b within 6 years with i140 approved - Leave and come back in future

I have h1b with i140 approved. I may need to move abroad for approximately 3-4 years. Can i come back and not be subjected to the h1b lottery?
Google search shows different opinions, I will soon talk to the Lawyer once i have more clarity about timelines. I just wanted to see if someone went through such a situation to ask some basic questions.

Yes. If your I-140 is approved for more than 180 days, you can use it to extend your H1B beyond the 6 year term and may be treated cap-exempt. Make sure you have the copy of the approval notice for I-140.

Thanks for answering it. Do you have a source or link which i can read on uscis site or h1 renewal or transfer form?

This article says it’s only valid while either of the below twos

  1. Aplication to Register Permanent Residence OR
  2. Adjust Status (Form I-485) is pending.

If i move out of USA, while coming back on h1b, i won’t have any i485 pending.

Taken from the article : This provision allows certain employment-based adjustment of status applicants experiencing delays in the employment-based adjustment of status process some flexibility to change jobs or employers while their Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Form I-485) is pending.

This is actually mentioned under the 8 cfr 106(a) & 106(b). Should be in the USCIS policy manual.

If you still have doubts, consult an immigration lawyer.