H1B Visa under cap exempt approved - Interview

Hi,

I had a H1B Visa (filed by Employer A) approved in 2008 cap which I did not use at all and it got expired.
Fortunately now Employer B has filed H1B (with cap or cap exempt NOT SURE) and got the Petition approved with 3 years validity say (2013 - 2016). 

In My Visa interview can I face following questions?

1) In the Visa Interview, can I face a question by Visa Officer about not using my previous H1B Visa
2) If Yes, Can I say that it was because of recession / bad job market in US that I did not travel (or) what could be a valid answer?

Thanks

Mahesh

Yes, that is could a question and I think it will be asked.

Say the truth - you don’t have to say recession in US, but something like your project never started or something which is true.

The truth is that my project was never started, and by the way that last visa I had was from Satyam Computer Services, and due to Satyam (A famous Incident) Fiasco in 2009, the project could never start.

Please help if I can mention this in interview, will the Satyam affect can create problem for me in interview ? Now I am in different company and they had filed cap exempt for me. My interview is scheduled for September last week.

Don’t mention about the company name and the fiasco unless they ask. Looking at your petition, they can find the initial sponsor.
Even otherwise, I would never mention about fiasco since we don’t know if that was the real reason for the project not to be started. Just say that your intended project was not started or didn’t require an onsite person.

Hope this helps! All the best for the interview. Do let the forum know about your visa experience.

Thank you so much ,

I’ll share my experience after my interview next week

Hello Mahesh,

Can you please share your interview experience?

I am also in the same situation and your experience can help me a lot.

Regards,
Arvind

Hello Mahesh,

Can you please share your interview experience?

I am also in the same situation and your experience can help me a lot.

Thanks.