H1b Visa stamping + DS-160 questions + Emergency Appointment

Hello @Kumar,

I have seen that you have been helping out the community with your advices. I needed some help as well. Thanks.

Here is the timeline of my case:

• I-94 expired on Jan 10, 2020
  • H1b extension was filed before that, RFE was issued and we have responded to that as well and it was under process
  • Before 240 days from expiry employer filed another Extension with premium processing.
  • Stopped working after 240 days but remained in US.
  • We got approval on the first application with back dated expiry of May 31st 2020.
  • Second application got issued RFE questioning my status, responded to it and got approval for it but with consulate processing
  • I left US within a week of receiving the notice

So here are my questions for DS-160:

• Present Employer or School Name: What should I enter here? Should I say I am currently unemployed or putting down petitioner as current employer is okay?
  • Intended date of arrival: Should this be any date in future since I don’t know when I will get the appointment?
  • Intended length of stay in U.S.: Since I have extension approved for until May 2023 is it okay if I enter 2 years here or should it be less than 2 years?

Another question is for the Emergency Appointment:
If I get a letter from employer and client stating that my presence in US is needed because I can’t work from India and if I am not there in US then it will result in huge loss and hardship for my employer and client. Do you think I have a chance of getting the application approved? I am a Software Developer and was working remotely in US due to COVID. But can’t work from India because of VPN issues.

I think I qualify for the exemption from the Proclamation since I was present in US before it was issued and I will be returning to US to work for same employer with same client/project.