H1b visa restamp. I want to know where can I have my visa restamped?

Hi! i have read couple of issues here in this site about H1b issues and happy to have found that almost all questions were answered. The reason why I’m checking about H1b issues is that I too have a problem. Hope you can help… My issue is this: I am planning to go back home (Philippines). I stayed here in US as H1b for 3 years now and got my visa extended on same employer. Now that I have my I-797 and I- 94, I am planning to have a visa restamp in my new passport since that it was already expired and I have it renewed here. My question is, Do I need to go to a USCIS/DHS( Dept of homeland security) office here in the US or should I go out of the country and find a US consulate/embassy for Visa Restamp? If I could have it visa restamp within US territory, where is the best place? And what are the requirements?

I think, you need to go out of US for VISA stamping. If you are planning to go back to your home country, why don’t you have it stamped there?

thank you for your answer Sujith. I’m a bit worried if I go back home with an expired visa stamp and will have to restamp it there, it will take a long time for me to come back here in US and lose my job. That’s why I’m asking if it’s possible if I could do it here within US territory before going back home. And where is the best place? I’ve heard from a lot of people that they have their visa restamp in Canada. What is it in Canada that most of them go there for visa restamp? Please do advise because I want to go back home for my planned wedding and come back here in US for my work. thank you!