H1B visa interview with my spouse on H4

I just got an interview date selected for my H1B interview in November. I have scheduled the interview appointment with my wife, who will be applying for H4. When I applied for the visa interview appointment, only my visa category was asked and not my wife’s. I did add her as dependent on the visa interview appointment and her DS-160 clearly states that she is applying for H4.

Is that a problem? Was there some option in the visa interview application where I had to mention that my spouse’s visa category will be H4?

Please help.

The employer needs to be aware that your wife is travelling on an H-4. This is usually a simple letter that states ‘yes we are aware that Mrs so-and-so will be travelling to join her husband, (our employee), on a dependent H-4 visa.’ There have been cases where the interviewing port has asked this question, it is a very minor query, just be prepared.

All the best, Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. www.chu.edu

Thanks @sshankar but is my appointment interview form suppose to also mention H4 anywhere?