H1B Visa Approved!!! Whats Next?? Please Advice

Respected Saurabh,

Trust you are doing good today!!!.

I am on H4 visa in US currently and my H1b Petition was filed in my home country in April 2016 and this got approved on Sep 17 2016. Now i am worried as i came to US to support my family for sometime on H4 and i dont know what step i should take inorder to set my career.

Having said that my H1B petition is Approved (USCIS status says “Case was Approved” and we will mail you the details)

1. can we change from company x to company y here in US and try for a job as i cant leave my spouse and kid and go from here as there isnt any to look after small kid? or
  2. Do we need to home country and change this as company X is not having any openings at currently in US as I dont see any opening coming for almost a year now and i cant wait leaving my kid and spouse in US?
  3. What if company X cancels my Petition? will i be still able for cap exempt any new new employer can file a new petition for me and I can still go ahead to US?
  4. When we say H1B Petition is Approved? does that mean I797 is approved?

Please suggest what should be the best option for me, if above queries are not as per what i think?

Thanks
H1b candidate

See my response to the same question in the main blog.