H1B Visa 2012 petition fied on May 16th

My petition was fild on May 16th 2012 and yet to receive my Petition number . I found that cap got closed on June11th . What would be my H1B visa status.

My petition was fild on May 16th 2012 and yet to receive my Petition number . I found that cap got closed on June11th . What would be my H1B visa status

Seems like you have filed under regular processing , so it can upto 60 days for you to receive your receipt. If your absolutely sure that your petition was filed on May 16, then you have made the cap - the cap includes all accepted and pending petitions.

Good Luck.

Actually my H1B was filed to USCIS on May17th and yet to receive my petition number. But my co-workers, whose petition filed on May16th, got their petition numbers last week itself. Little curious, are they sending petition numbers based on first come basis?

Thank for yur reply … My petitionas filed on may 16th and ts under regular cap quot .

Right… So, we will have to wait for the petition number anytime. Hope, it reaches around 15-25 days, according to the postings in this site.

Yes anyways we are not going to doany matter or so with petiton number . but i need to know whether our petition reached under ap ad processing is goin on

Yes… As Vicki stated above, we would have made through the cap count. Processing can take upto 2-6 months. Once we get the receipt number, we can check the status here: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

coool… keeep in touch wth this link .pls update if yu get . same ll be done from my end tooo

Yup sure we will…

Subbu… I have received my petition number yesterday morning. Any update on ur side?

Heh even i got my receipt number yest mrng … Cheers :slight_smile: