H1B transfer without I-140 approval notice

Hi

I have I-140 approved and did one extension beyond 6-year cap limit. I got an offer from another company but I do not have the I-140 approval notice with me. My employer denied providing those details but I do have alien number. I did request USICS for the I-140 approval notice through FOIA but seems it will take some time.

Has anyone gone through the same situation, Any suggestions?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi Suren87

I am also having an issue with my employer, I did raise the FOIA but they send me Petition and not the approval.

What option you selected while filling FOIA for the Approval notice, it would if you can share. I can also raise the FOIA again

Thanks

You can use copy of petition as a proof of approved I-140. USCIS do not provided copy of approval notice.

@Harsha_Harsha I don’t think I saw any specific option that says approval notice. I just selected i-140.

Did you file your H1B transfer already?

1 Like

Yes i did and company only need the receipt number to work with, which i got from FOIA or you can book appointment in local USCIS to get that

I got the receipt number from my employer.

Thanks, @Harsha_Harsha. All the best

So I have labor approved copy through FOIA, in that there is ETA case umber starts with A-.
Can anyone confirm is that fine to get H1 Transfer ? Please let me know.

Hi @Harsha_Harsha

Receipt number you mean the A-number on the labor copy sent by USCIS FOIA, because when I requested from FOIA that is only they sent, is that fine for h1 transfer? For -i140 approved copy we need to raise some other way like i-864 form with affidavit something.

Thanks, please let me know.